Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PXT Extractor in 16.40 LTD slide

Taylor Murphy

So long story short, i found a good deal on a naked 16.40 slide i was thinking about adding to a 1st gen Caspian frame I've had collecting dust for a year or two. Unfortunately the slide is drilled for the PXT extractor, i see the EGW fix that is available from the Pro shop here: http://paraproshop.com/egw-hd-extractor-pxt-pistols.html

Question is will this work on the 16.40 slide since it is 40 S&W?

And if not is the sleeve option a good approach to fixing the problem? If using the EGW sleeve approach am i correct in assuming a series 80 extractor must be used?

I would appreciate any insight that might be useful in determining whether i should jump on this deal or not.

I shoot with a bunch of Para fans. I purchased a slide recently for my P16 to lighten and experiment with. I had an extra EGW oversized extractor, it dropped right in. It was a little touchy to tune, but is working fine now. The guys I shoot with all prefer the EGW over loctiting the sleeve in the slide.

My 16-40 ran with the big extractor in it with out a problem for about 10k rounds. Final got the sleeve and aftec installed and it works fine. If I needed a slide I wouldn't worry about it.

Sleeve it and go on

• 1 month later...

I wonder why would Para has a vendor, such as EGW make the extractor? Could not Para make their own over size extractor? Or better yet, change all the Para's to the over sized extractor?

I guess it doesnt really matter. At least their is a solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place!

Edited by kimberacp