Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Accu Shadow Production Legal in Bianchi?

Less

Just wondering if anyone would know if the CZ Accu-Shadow would be production legal in Bianchi? It is a DA/SA pistol with a bushing barrel. I haven't read anything that would limit bushed barrels...

I think there are two variants:

1.) One with an LPA adjustable sight cut

2.) variant with Shadow dovetail...

Wondering if anyone knows or could direct me to the Bianchi refs who could make a ruling here...

As a rule of thumb anything that is legal in PSA / IPSC Production is generally going to be OK in NRA AP Production. The main issue will be trigger weight. The DA and SA must not be below 3.5lb. Same as IPSC all first shots in a string are DA, anything from there.

If you change the sights they must fit in the slide cuts as supplied from the factory. If the factory gun has the option of LPA sights I would jump on them. You can not make any external machining modifications.

You may change the sights the grip panels and the barrel to after market items as long as they fit the factory cuts and screw holes. Only minor machining allowed to execute a safe fit of all parts, No sculpting no extra checkering etc etc.

All else fails contact D Orsinger at NRAHQ

As a rule of thumb anything that is legal in PSA / IPSC Production is generally going to be OK in NRA AP Production.

This particular firearm is not approved for IPSC use.

(CZUSA Custom Shop models including the SP-01 Shadow Target, CZ 75 Shadow T and CZ 75 SP01 ACCU Shadow, and Frankonia Mamba and Viper versions, are not approved)

Cheers ....

As a rule of thumb anything that is legal in PSA / IPSC Production is generally going to be OK in NRA AP Production.

This particular firearm is not approved for IPSC use.

(CZUSA Custom Shop models including the SP-01 Shadow Target, CZ 75 Shadow T and CZ 75 SP01 ACCU Shadow, and Frankonia Mamba and Viper versions, are not approved)

Cheers ....

It is approved for USPSA, though. Additionally, it is a catalog item in the 2014 CZ USA manual, which seems to mean it is should be legal as a production gun in Bianchi:

"A Production Firearm is a semi-automatic handgun or revolver which is or has been a catalog item readily available to the general public equipped with factory notch & post sights. All standard safety features of firearms must operate properly "

As a rule of thumb anything that is legal in PSA / IPSC Production is generally going to be OK in NRA AP Production. The main issue will be trigger weight. The DA and SA must not be below 3.5lb. Same as IPSC all first shots in a string are DA, anything from there.

If you change the sights they must fit in the slide cuts as supplied from the factory. If the factory gun has the option of LPA sights I would jump on them. You can not make any external machining modifications.

You may change the sights the grip panels and the barrel to after market items as long as they fit the factory cuts and screw holes. Only minor machining allowed to execute a safe fit of all parts, No sculpting no extra checkering etc etc.

All else fails contact D Orsinger at NRAHQ

BTW - have an email out to Mr. Orsinger 'bout this...

My mistake, I saw it was approved for USPSA and also believed it was so for IPSC, Mr Pledger is correct those guns are not approved for IPSC Production.

Bianchi Production is more simple as we are trying to get more people to turn up with production guns and have allowed a few modifications that are not IPSC approved, after market barrel being the most obvious. NRA AP Matches are more accuracy driven than USPSA and IPSC. Whereas Production means Production in IPSC and they have more rigid rules and interpretations of those rules. Which is not a bad thing for what IPSC does.

Spoke to Mr Orsinger about the LPA cut and it is approved since it is offered on the Shadow Target, an available to the public model, and since the cut is done by the manufacturer.

Edited by Less