Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Scoresheets ?

Rob Boudrie

Scoring in the rain is a real pain, but there is a way to make it easier, and also keep the scoresheets dry. Please a pair of FRS radios at each range, tuned to a channel unique to that stage (use the range number).

If it gets wet, the scorekeeper stays under the shelter or tent while the RO goes forward with his radio to read back the scores via radio. This keeps the scoresheet dry, and doesn't increase the number of match workers required.

I've been keeping a pair of radios in my range bag so I can offer this approach at the next wet match I shoot.

Lynn, thanks for reminding me about being wet in MS

the MS match was the ultimate wet match this year, even more then Area 4, and the TN match, and area 8!!!! I nicknamed it the Monsooned Mississippi marathon mud match the 5M match for short, but it still beat working!!!!

We've used the same plastic bags we cover the targets with. Clipboard and writing hand/hands go inside. Looking thru bag at scoresheets. A little bit of a PITA at first but soon you are able to rotate scoresheets and all other procedures right in the bag.