Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme 9mm 124gr plated FP and Titegroup?

Prebaned

Hi all. I'm looking for some load data for the extreme bullets I have and cannot find any specific load data for these bullets. I'm a relatively noob at reloading and I have the manuals and scoured the Internet but I still cannot seem to find this load data. I gathered some info on the inter-webs as far as COAL and powder charge. This seems to be a great variation in COAL.

What I got was Titegroup 3.8-4.0gr

COAL anywhere between 1.050" and 1.090. I understand the plunk test is the true test for CO AL however the deeper the bullet is the more pressure it makes if I understand correctly.

I have no Chrono and these will be used for punching paper only at 50 feet. The gun will be a Glock 17 and a Smith and Wesson 5906. I'm looking for something a little softer than factory Winchester 115gr FMJ loads that will cycle reliably. The machine is an XL 650 with Dillon factory dies.

TIA

I'd start at about 3.8 gr with a COAL of 1.145 +/- 0.005 .. if you have no chrono, then you have no way to guage your power factor, so it's all going to be relative to your own perception. I run that COAL in my Glocks for competition and they work great.

I'd start at about 3.8 gr with a COAL of 1.145 +/- 0.005 .. if you have no chrono, then you have no way to guage your power factor, so it's all going to be relative to your own perception. I run that COAL in my Glocks for competition and they work great.

Ditto. I'm new to reloading as well but after going through this forum and asking around, I started my load development with 124gr JHP, 4.0gr of titegroup and loaded 20 rounds at various COAL. I had 1.125, 1.135, 1.145 COAL and found that the 1.13 and 1.14 shot the best out of my g17. Again, this is what I did and but 4.0gr seems like a good weight for the my gun.

I dont know what to do with the next step but maybe work on the powder charge at the COAL of 1.140.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok,

I finally broke down and bought a Beta Master Chrony. I figured sooner or later I will need it and the remote screen is the bees knees. Settled on these results.

COAL 1.078

4.0gr Titegroup

1067fps av 10 shot string with a SD of 15.8 out of a G17 4.5 inch barrel.

Runs fine in the Glock and Smith 5906.

No FTF or FTE nice and soft and cycles fine.

Thanks to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk