Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GEN-1 GLOCK for PRACTICAL competiton shooting

Kimbertarget

Ive always owned gen-3 GLOCKs and recently bought a GEN-1 GLOCK-17 and the feel of your purchase on the grips is awesome. I always wanted to take a dremel to my finger grooves on my glock34 gen-3 but its brand new and didnt want to mess with the frame. The finger groove rests under my knuckle and is painfull for my arthritis.

Why doesnt Glock make an option for non-rail (for practical pistols,34-35-41) with no finger grooves?

Does anyone here own a GEN-1 and like the feel of it better?

Im going to build this as a Steel Challenge pistol and was wondering if anyone competes with a GEN-1?

I see there are a few for sale on gunbroker and the prices have been going up lately especially if they have the old school factory Glock case or night sights. The GEN-1 appear to be collectable now when did this happen?

Edited by Kimbertarget

No offense meant but why not take a dremel to the finger grooves? Make it fit you. There are tons of folks who customize Glock(and other plastic gun) grips. If you don't feel comfortable doing it you could send it to someone. It's plastic, it doesn't put up much of a fight.

No offense meant but why not take a dremel to the finger grooves? Make it fit you. There are tons of folks who customize Glock(and other plastic gun) grips. If you don't feel comfortable doing it you could send it to someone. It's plastic, it doesn't put up much of a fight.

It isnt the dremel that im concerned with its the stipling the smooth surface after.i cannot stand the feel nor the aesthetics of the soldering iron stipling of Glocks. I much rather have it molded from factory. Finger grooves most practical competitors remove so why doesnt glock take the hint and go back to the GEN-1 style just for the practical 34-35-41 with some plastic checkering already molded in. If there was a process to heat and roll checkering into the plastic i would opt for that vs the ugly stippling

I took the finger grooves off and then wrapped it with grip tape. I 100 percent prefer grip tape as opposed to stippling. Yah, i thought i didn't mind the finger grooves until i took them off and realised that i never want to go back.

Everybody always talks about using a Dremel to remove the finger grooves on a Glock. If I ever decide to try it I'm going to go get a brand new mill bastard file to do it with. I think you could blend them right in and leave the whole thing looking smooth and nice.

I have seen a few stippling jobs that don't look too bad but most look terrible to me.