Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

still mag question

airborne101

2011 or 1911? Assuming you mean 2011.

I can get 23 rnds of 9mm in my 140mm mag tubes with Grams followers, 11 coil spring, and Dawson +1 basepads.

I have some TTI basepads on a couple of my .40SW mags I use for Limited. I can get 21 in those, but they were tuned by TTI and you have to give them a pretty good smack to seat fully.

Slightly unrelated but do you have to use the rear spacer for the 9mm mags? Just got an eagle 9mm and I have a feeling I am going to have to work on those mags to make it up to 23/24 rds. I have a 40 cal magazine with Bolen basepad and guts I can load to 20, should I be able to throw the basepad and spring into the 9mm mag, maybe tweak the stock follower a bit and make it to at least 23 rds?

I use the plastic spacers that came stock with my 9mm 2011 mags. The 9mm followers are shorter in length that the followers for a 38S or .40SW and are sized to account for the spacer. I've heard of some people being able to use their mags set up for .38S and still make 9mm run reliably, but I don't know if they are loading long or not.

As far as the basepads, I've used the ones I've had for .40 and 9mm interchangeably. Seems to work OK.