Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cast bullet suggestion for 9mm auto

neckbone

A lead 122 LFP with a medium powder like titegroup will shoot 3in. at 50 yds in several guns.......For the games a 147 LFP is hard to beat as well....... I would recommend them being sized at least .357 for best results....

DougC

A lead 122 LFP with a medium powder like titegroup will shoot 3in. at 50 yds in several guns.......For the games a 147 LFP is hard to beat as well....... I would recommend them being sized at least .357 for best results....

DougC

Why 147 for IDPA?

Loading those too with Titegroup?

Picked up a 9mm Trojan today and need to order bullets soon. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I would suggest start in the middle with a 125gn or 135gn round nose or flat point. make sure it chambers nicely and then decide if you want to go up to stuff like the 147 or down to 120 or 115 etc. a 135gn is a very nice middle of the road load for a 9mm in practical shooting sports. :)

I like 130gr LSWC with a dia of .358 from http://www.bulletworks.com/bulletworks/bullet_prices.html. Prices shown are for 1K, not 500. I use 3.2 of Clays with a Tula KVB-223 primer in Winchester brass.

We've recently started casting and powder coating 9mm. We're dropping 130 gr bullets and will run some of these through Lone Wolf barrels, but primarily stock Glock barrels.

May I ask what OAL you've had success with for the 130's?

TIA