Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no safety engagement w/hammer down

RNA

So is your question " why the designers of the CZ75 did not design the safety to block the action when the hammer is down as well as the the hammer is cocked?

or " What is it about the design that does not allow when the hammer is down to be put into a mechanical safe ( blocked action ) condition?

Why the designers did it that way is a question that would have to go back to CZUB. asking here on a forum is not going to get you an answer.

Mechanically if you look at the action. the action does not block the trigger bar at all, it only blocks the sear. if you look at the timing of the action.

The DA stroke and release is ahead of the release in single action.

Hey eerw, the former was the question I intended to ask. You're right, I know the answer won't be found on any forum, but I was just voicing a little disappointment at the design. Everyone is entitled to their own ideas and gun designs are obviously no different. But in my opinion I think having that safety + hammer down option would have been nice.

And thanks for addressing the mechanical explanation of how the design works currently. I just recently started carrying concealed and I guess I just need more time and mileage before I get more comfortable with the muzzle of a loaded gun aimed directly at my junk or femoral artery (appendix carry).