Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

training video

jstagn

Don't know about that one but 2 I have and am currently using are Mike Seeklander's Your Compeition Handgun Training Program and Ben Stoeger's Skills and Drills for the Practical Shooter. Get those and a bunch of ammo and you'll be on your way to B in no time

Extra bonus with getting Ben's book is since he is a regular poster here you can ask him questions as you're working through the program in his book ... (Mike will do the same but you'll have to contact him directly through his own website ...)

I've got Mikes book, it's good, but here is what I'd do.......

Get Stoeger's new book, Skills and Drills for the Practical Pistol Shooter.

Re read Brian's book in about a year. Then again a year after that. Unless you are a savant, I found that the book gives more with each reading and as my knowledge increased I got more from it.

Ben's book is, IMHO, the best written material for live fire improvement after Brian's book.

Now as far as DRYFIRE, which you are probably doing. The guy that wrote the BOOK on that is Steve Anderson. Get his book and possibly give him a call. Steve has an instructors gift and nobody does DRYFIRE better. Better yet, take a class from him. Again, he is an awesome instructor.

Just made C class, have Brians book. Any feedback on 'Shooting Techniques of the Grand Masters' as advertised in the Dillion catalog??

Take a class from a reputable teacher. Ben, Manny, Mike, Shannon or you choose. They will tell/ teach you what you need to be doing and show you the fastest way to get good. It will save you so much money and time. Years and many thousands...

Edited by a matt

yes, you'll definitely want to look into taking a class from one of the aforementioned instructors. It's hard to grasp just how much faster you'll learn and how much frustration you'll avoid than by just trying to do it yourself. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that with the exception of just a few folks nobody makes M or GM without some professional instruction at some point.

Mike Seeklander once told me that the reason most folks never make A class or above is that they get frustrated and give up, not because it requires some special skills that they don't possess ...