Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did I make a mistake in reassembly?

DoubleL

I've searched a few times, can't seem to get the results I'm looking for. I just stripped my SP01 Shadow down for a good cleaning, first time for more than the basic field strip. It's been about 5,000 rounds since I got it and honestly I was starting to feel bad it was so dirty! Runs like a champ though, zero malfunctions of any kind and it shoots way better than I can.

I took everything off except for the trigger pin and all that it holds in. I've read I will most likely need a replacement after taking it out and I don't have one handy so I stopped at that point.

Pistol went back together nicely, it was actually a bit easier than I was expecting. Only thing is that I swear the DA pull is a bit heavier now. SA feels identical and super crisp like before. Reset is unchanged, it's always had a very positive feel to the reset. The overall travel is very smooth and consistent, nothing feels wrong, other than a little heavier on the DA.

I'm wondering if there is a noob mistake I could have made that would change the DA pull?

Yes I made sure to lube. The gun was very well lubed before cleaning. Maybe it's just not as fully worked in yet?? I wouldn't figure that would make a big difference. It sure feels heavier but I don't have a gauge to be positive.

The only things I can think of are:

1. The mainspring is binding a little on the hammer strut.

2. The pivot points on the trigger bar and or the trigger are dragging a little.

I'd pull the mainspring and reinstall it. Make sure it's all the way into the plug. Check the hammer strut for a burr. If neither of those. Look and see if the trigger bar is dragging on the frame. Check and make sure it pivots freely on the trigger.

Good advice :)

I pulled out the mainspring and checked exactly what you mentioned. Even added a touch more glide to the strut that goes through the spring. Checked plug too. All looked good.

But know what I did find???

The locking washer for one of my grip panels is missing. I pulled one grip and manipulated the hammer and I'd swear that the spring was rubbing against one of the screws ever so lightly. Then I pull the second grip panel and voila it's missing the lock washer too! The first side, left, seemed to have a small amount more clearance, the right however was tight, that screw definitely was rubbing the spring. When cocking by hand I could feel some rubbing going on with just the one screw in.

It rubs right at the very last bit of travel on the DA stroke.....

So anybody care to share the size of those little grip screws. I see a trip to my local Ace in my future.

Also, does the Shadow come with a standard trigger return spring or a reduced one? I'm thinking of swapping it. Good idea or bad?

So anybody care to share the size of those little grip screws. I see a trip to my local Ace in my future.

Also, does the Shadow come with a standard trigger return spring or a reduced one? I'm thinking of swapping it. Good idea or bad?

The screw size is 3.5mm (#6 washer)

The Shadow comes with a standard TRS, but I highly recommend a CGW RP TRS, it's good for about 8oz reduced pull weight.

The screw size is 3.5mm (#6 washer)

The Shadow comes with a standard TRS, but I highly recommend a CGW RP TRS, it's good for about 8oz reduced pull weight.

ok, you've talked me into it! the hassle for me is CGW won't ship parts (even parts like springs that are legal for export without a licence if under $100) to australia. Any enthusiast CZ shooter want to help a long distance brother out and post me a couple of springs??? I would love a couple of CGW bits. :(

I don't want to be labeled an international arms dealer, but I've helped a few members get parts abroad. Send me a PM with the stuff you're looking for.

I am just waiting for California to restrict your shipping parts that the Feds allow.

Thanks for the size on the screws guys.

I am thinking of trying out some parts from CGW. They seem to have pretty stellar reviews from just about everyone here, and that goes a long way. I guess for 7$ if I don't like the reset I can always keep the reduced TRS as a backup spare part.

But I may just wait until my birthday right around the corner, take a little drive and drop the pistol off at CzCustom. Do the SRT and a comp hammer and tune.

Decisions decisions.