Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building Open Glock

jimbullet

Thanks....the coils of the zev rounded spring is a bit like a snake coiling when sitting on the guide rod isnt it. unlike the original glock recoil spring which is a flat spring and has a smaller circumference its almost pretty much straight. I hope this is normal.

I absolutely love Zev's round wire spring. I use the blue 12 lb, but i'm rethinking it when it's time to replace because the blue stuff is literally covering the guts of the pistol. I mean, i knew it would wear off but it's just stripping itself all over the gun. It's actually a pretty big hassle. Which spring do you have in the gun? One of the color coded springs?

I currently have the Blue Zev, but I have an ISMI 11 lb on order, but dont no ETA down here, which could take months...I got to test fire it already and the casings appear to barely just eject. Last round always sees the casing just tumbling on top of the pistol. Fine for now as long as it doesnt jam.

Zev says when the coating starts flaking off its time to replace spring..

I ran a 10lb wolff for many rounds and it ran great, until I wore the gun out.. Glocks not made for a lot of major rounds. Get the lightest compensator available for it. Jager is a great comp!

I bought a Carver built G17 open gun that was set up for major with a 15# Wolf spring on a non captured guide rod. Played around with using a captured rod with an ISMI flat wire 11# spring and could not get it to run my reloads or factory loads, it would stove pipe them. I shoot 3-gun and do not need to make major, but don't shoot bunny fart loads either because of some long(80-100 yard) shots and heavy steel. I went back to the non-captured guide rod with an 11# Wolf spring and it runs perfect. Shoots soft and flat, very fast. Great results, love the gun.

gerritm

• 2 months later...