Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ lubrication

Nimitz

Coming from the world of Glocks, lube is not a big deal. A small amount of slide glide the few places metal touches metal and you're good to go. Obviously this is not the case for CZs so ..... What do you all use? Standard gun oil or slide glide or maybe both?

I have the AGI, it's good for reference, but IIRC it's an older version CZ75 so that are some differences. But it should help.

As far as lube, I've been using Froglube. Lubricates well and keeps it cleaner than CLP in my opinion.

For the most part as long as you keep in oiled, it will run like a top. The only thing to really watch for is getting sand/dirt/grime between the trigger bar and the frame. It can cause the trigger to not reset. I had that happen a while back so now I always make sure it's clean in there. Quick shot of air with the air compressor and its good to go!

I have used kleenbore oil. mpro7, break free and slide glide (lite).

my current practice is. clean barrel with bore snake, brush and patches. add some of the kleenbore or mpro7. oil up a patch and wipe it all over the external area of the tube part of the barrel, and especially the hood where it locks into the slide.

few drops of oil in the corresponding part of the slide where the barrel locks into it. I don't put any oil on the feedramp (I wipe it with a clean patch at the end).

put a drop in the back of the hammer where the hammer hooks meet the sear.

drop on the trigger return spring from the top.

a drop on each of the 2 little rails inside the frame where the barrel sits

drop into the sear cage/disco area

drop on the mag release spring inside

if you have a steel guide rod rub it with an oiled patch (plastic rod doesn't need any lube)

a little drop in the mainspring area

the slide stop again rub it's shaft with an oiled patch

for the slide rails (both on the frame and the slide) use either some drops of your favourite oil, or slide glide. you don't need heaps. some decent dobs here and there and it'll spread itself out nicely.

cycle and dry fire it a few times and wipe off the excess and you're good to go.

once in a while when it's dirty (so probably every 10-20 cleanings) I give it a good blast out with brake cleaner (brake cleaner is best as it evaporates and leaves no deposits or residue behind). you'll be amazed at the shit that comes off with a good burst of brake cleaner...

also, I'm not a fan of froglube. a few mates here who have tried it on their shadow's had a few malfs after they started using it. have switched away from it and everything is fine again. i know that is pretty slim anecdotal evidence. but it's enough for me to not want to use it.