Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new SP01 Custom Shadow just arrived ....

Nimitz

And on the test target provided is says the SA pull is 3 lbs 3 ozs and the DA pull is 7 lbs 5 ozs. Would it be possible to lighten the trigger pull a little more, especially the DA, without mandating the use of Fed 100s? I'd like to be able to use Tulas for practice (where I'd accept some light strikes ) and Winchester or CCIs for matches.

If this is possible, what springs and weights should I change?

I'd also might be willing to consider forgoing Tulas and going with Win/CCI for practice and Feds for matches if trigger pull cold be reduced significantly while retaining 100% reliability for matches.

So, is this possible?

you can get your Shadow down to Sa 2.5lbs & DA 6-6.5 but would have to use Fed 100 only. My Shadow runs 2lbs 4ozs SA & 5 lbs 14ozs DA 100% reliability with Fed100s, 4000 + rounds shot. look at Cajun gun works Ultra-Lite Kits I use a 8.5 lbs hammer spring & the trigger return spring. if you do not want to use Fed 100 only you will have to stay about were you are now.

http://www.cajungunworks.com/ultra-lite.html

Gun already has the extended firing pin and I have reduced power firing pin spring as well I can put it.

I'm actually not too concerned about the SA pull, I was more interested in reducing the DA a little if possible.

I bought the following from CGW:

11# recoil spring

11.5# hammer spring

Reduced pwr trigger return spring

Reduced pwr firing pin spring

I know the gun came from CZC with a 13# hammer spring, 11# recoil spring but not sure what trigger return and firing pin springs ...

My CZ SP01 has a trigger job from CZC, came to me about the same as yours is now. I put the following in it:

13# main spring

Extended firing pin

CGW reduced power TRS

CGW reduced power FPB spring

The DA is a smooth 6.25#, the SA is 2.75#, and it lights Winchester primers all day long.

To the OP I went in and polished everything inside, trigger bar, FPB, all metal contact points. Used 1000 grit sandpaper, polished with dremel with jewelers rouge. I stayed away from the sear and hammer hooks. Point is it can be done to clean up the trigger a little better than you have now, cheaply, and easily. Lots of info over at http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=59.0 on what to specifically look for.