Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading 223: Swage before or after resizing?

SWThomas

I just ordered all the remaining items I will need to start reloading 223 (from Brain Enos of course). I'm a Dillon guy so I got the Super Swage 600 to take care of those pesky primer crimps. I plan to have 2 tool heads for this set up. Tool head #1 will have the resizing/decapping die in station 1 and the Dillon RT1200B in station 2 for trimming. Mine plan is to run all the brass through tool head #1, then swage, then tumble again to remove case lube and brass shavings. Tool head #2 will have the powder drop, seating die, and crimp die.

My question is: will swaging after sizing and trimming have any effect on the case mouth? I know the Super Swage 600 uses a rod that you slide the case onto mouth first. I just want to make sure the resized neck will not be adversely affected

during the swaging process.

Thanks!

Nope, the SS600 won't affect the neck size at all. And I would put your trimmer on the oppposite side of the tool head from the sizer/decapper to keep the tool head from flexing side to side so you get consistent trim lengths and sizing.

jj