Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Fee's

amac45

We seem to assume that because the staff is working for free the people putting on the match are also working for free.. that is not true. IDPA is probably the worst. Every bit of sponsor money goes toward the match since there is little if any prize table. I would say the match is paid for 100% by sponsor money including the per diem for the staff, if there is any, and all of the staff meals at the range. All of the entry fees are over and above. What do they have , $1000.00 in targets and pasters? If you think these matches are not being run for a profit you are naive... IDPA is a cash cow

We seem to assume that because the staff is working for free the people putting on the match are also working for free.. that is not true. IDPA is probably the worst. Every bit of sponsor money goes toward the match since there is little if any prize table. I would say the match is paid for 100% by sponsor money including the per diem for the staff, if there is any, and all of the staff meals at the range. All of the entry fees are over and above. What do they have , $1000.00 in targets and pasters? If you think these matches are not being run for a profit you are naive... IDPA is a cash cow

Sorry it's like that where you are. I've seen some pretty nice prize tables at the sanctioned matches here. 3-4 guns, Dillon presses, etc at one match. If that's not a good table, fill me in!

II find this humerus because as someone who has been to many and worked as a sponsor gatherer, I really don't understand why you would think that IDPA is a cash cow. With what money that was leftover from one of the more recent matches I worked, it went to the club I shoot at and trust me, there wasn't very much. I guess if it makes you that mad, just don't participate.

II find this humerus because as someone who has been to many and worked as a sponsor gatherer, I really don't understand why you would think that IDPA is a cash cow. With what money that was leftover from one of the more recent matches I worked, it went to the club I shoot at and trust me, there wasn't very much. I guess if it makes you that mad, just don't participate.

This^^^^^^

First, I have to say what sponsorhip money, who, what, where how??? As someone responsible for prizes and sponsors for the last few CA State matches I can tell you its slim pickings. Some companies are generous with products, but I have never seeen anyone donate money. I've worked at least a dozen IDPA matches and been MD and or Asst MD for 4, I have never seen anyone get paid either. In fact, most matches (not all) still charge a fee for staff, but its reduced.

Most the entry money goes to towards a new fancy press, guns, and targets. A lot of stuff is donated. Of the money we had left over last year some of it went to gas money for other clubs (they didn't bank it) bringing lots equipment for our match (which worked out great, because the club I shoot at isn't Huge.. Also one of the best matches I've shot)

I do volunteer for the local stuff because I like being involved with the shooting sports. Yes I would say helping set up stages and spending one or two days running people through stages, of course after you shoot the match should wave your fee. It's hard work.