Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun belt in hand luggage

Tyga

Looking for a bit of advice - I'm flying down to the Se3GC match this weekend (from Boston MA to Atlanta). I'm borrowing guns, and buying ammo down there, but will be travelling with my belt (consisting of Cali Comp stripper clips, AP Custom QL4 quad loaders, and Bladetech mag pouches.

I'd like to avoid checking my bag if possible, so do you think I'd be ok carrying this belt in my carry-on? It's not gun parts, so technically it should be ok, but I could understand how security could get funny about it...

Opinions?

Just take a huge tube of toothpaste and a liter bottle of water. They'll be so transfixed on that they won't look at the belt.

We used to something like that going to Yankees games. One buddy would walk through the turnstile with a big cheap cigar in his mouth blowing smoke everywhere screaming "let's go Yankees!!!!" The entire security staff would converge on him like he was the Unabomber. ( you weren't allowed to smoke ). Anyway, second buddy would then walk right on by with a soft cooler ( looked like a big camera bag ) filled with beer. I think the record was 36 cans.