Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Millet scopes

mike4045

I got a Millett 4x16 mil dot scope in trade that was already mounted on the gun. I have used it and it seems to be okay. I have only used it out to 300 yds. I have not done any dialing with it yet other than Zero. How well do these hold up? May need to use it for next weekends precision match and just holdover with the mil dots. My other guns are being loaned out for hunts so I can't pull scopes off them. I want to use this gun since it has a detachable mag and bipod already mounted.

Mike

I got the exact same scope the same way and was going to sell it or put it on something else. Decided to give it a try for a little bit and have been pleasantly surprised with how it performs. Was able to shoot a sub 1/2" group at 100yrds and the clicks have tracked out to 1000 yards when dialing dope. Its mounted on a rem 700 VLS in 308. Have only had it about 6 months and shot about 100rds thru it. Hope this helps.

I used it for a match and really don't have anything good to say about it. I am trying to decide on another Nightforce. I am also considering a bushnell HDMR or Vortex. Looking at the different reticle options. This one is going on my .17 hmr for plinking.

I think the Bushnell DMR is hard to beat for the price. They track great and are very reliable. Glass leaves a little to desire but they get the job done. For $1200 that is what i would go with. IF you bump it up from there and dont need FFP then get the NF. Vortex has two new Razors coming out next year but they are $2k+.