Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is this why i keep break at least one spring plug per season

Mat Price

I got bored today and since this slide is still in the white and I decided to break out the air brush and give it some rust protection. Thanks I'm thinking maybe red next month lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

the plug does not protrude in the slide, on the chamber end. it does protrude slightly on the comp end. guide rod .321

plug .330

this may be a stupid question but it is how i was taught the captured end goes on the guide rod the uncaptured end goes in the plug

Edited by Mat Price

comp isnt hitting the guide rod but it may be contacting the plug. the guide rod is centered in the plug but the end is kinda deformed. I think it was from it hitting the comp on my .38 super top end. same guide rod.

well i think im going to get a new guide rod plug of course and alum shock buffer.

20131120_212050.jpg?t=1385004137

Edited by Mat Price

AHA! I took finger nail polish pained up the plug and cycled the gun and as i suspected the comp is hitting the plug just ever so slightly.

20131120_215345.jpg?t=1385006166

the black mark in that circle is the finger nail polish trnasfer. this is an EGW plug when the new plug comes in also egw should i trim the plug or just relieve that spot on the comp. I think my smith must have just missed it when he put the new slide on.

Edited by Mat Price