Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slots for USPSA Nationals

Michael Brown

First you need to inquire with your local club and see what the procedure they use to distribute slots.

If none are available through your section, in the last two years USPSA has had a signup sheet for slots returned from sections. That is the other alternative.

Alan

fireant,

if you're planning on staying at a hotel and not a camp ground plan on sepending anywhere from $500 to $1000 for lodging, transportation, food and entry fee.

if you plan on going to the venders tent you might need to take a loan from your bank. :lol:

the vendors tent is like a crack house, especially if you're in need of things like mags, accesories or a $4500 brazos open gun.

Fireant,

Match Fee typically between 200 and 275, depending on the fee structure of the match and weather you get an earned (discounted) slot or one off the waiting list. Cost for 400 rounds of ammo --- lost brass. Cost of lodging in a motel of your taste for the duration of the match and for any travel nights on the road. Breakfast is included at several of the motels in the Barry area. Lunch at the range is afordable --- sandwiches in the three dollar range, sides and drings about a buck, dessert maybe two bucks. Dinner in Quincy at a good restaurant can be done for about $40 for two, at many decent places for under thirty for two people. Gasoline/Air line tickets might be a factor....

Michael,

there is an Official expanation on how to get a slot on the USPSA website.

But here is an UNofficial explanation:

All Past National champs

All class winners at Area- champs (there is something else here but I can not remember)

Each Section gets a certain number of slots depending on the "mission count"

to get one of these slots you must talk to your section coordinator

Any left, go to a "Waiting list" where you get on the USPSA website and put your name in the hat, usually first come first served I think.

Hope that helps.

Your local club president can help you get in contact with your section coordinator.

Hopalong

Michael - for our section - we run "national qualifier" matches... the best 2 of 4 qualifier matches are used to determine (per class) who receives a slot --- considering they actually want to go and/or there are enough for EVERY class. Also slot returns from other sections... and there is also the waiting list - which isn't so hard to get a slot from.

earned slots from area matches.. i think are per class? per division? per category? something like that - but in 2003, I won high JR in 2 area matches - and earned a 2004 nationals slot from it.. I'm not quite sure how they do it.

closest airport to PASA Park - I believe is in Jefferson City (regional airport).... but 2 hrs east is St. Louis - and 2 hrs west is Kansas City. =] hope that helped answer something :)