Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity 5.4" Sight Tracker

RangerTrace

How does the "sight tracker" line differ from their other pistols. I looked on the website but couldn't seem to grasp the distinction.

I'm told this offers a very slight improvement in accuracy (as your sight is now always pointing where the barrel is aiming, as opposed to getting it's orientation from the slide) ...

That is probably only half the story since the rear sight is still part of the slide. You'd have to mount the rear sight directly on the barrel chamber hood to get a true sighting in relation to the barrel.

Ok. I was wondering if that was a balance changer.

Which is faster.

To put a number to it, the fastest splits on I could manage with the 6" pistol was .14 seconds. Wednesday, I was consistently getting .11 second splits with the 5.4" at 3 yard targets.

• 3 months later...

Beautiful pistols guys!! ZeljkoLucic, is that an example of the tactical or aggressive micropockets? And to both of you, what made you guys decide on the standard dust cover? Was the balance better for a 5.4" sight tracker or did you just want a lighter pistol? I've been drooling over the 5.4" trackers with a butler cut dust cover but y'all got me thinkin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question that's been bugging me. With a 5.4", what length guide rod and recoil spring do you use? Is it just a 5", or do you have to use one that is cut specifically for a 5.4"?

I have a question that's been bugging me. With a 5.4", what length guide rod and recoil spring do you use? Is it just a 5", or do you have to use one that is cut specifically for a 5.4"?

They use Government length recoil systems on their 5.4 and 6" guns.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Comparison between Stainless 6" bushing barreled Limited gun and Carbon Steel 5.4" Sight Tracker:

6" Limited Gun 5.4" Sight Tracker
Slide = 12.7 oz Slide = 11.6 oz
Barrel = 5.0 oz Barrel = 6.7 oz
Complete Pistol = 45.3 oz Complete Pistol = 46.8 oz
Whats kinda funny is, the 5.4" actually feels lighter in the hand than the 6" pistol.

There must be other factors between the guns other than the sight tracker, to account for the remaining weight difference. Is one a long dust cover and the other short?

Edited by gearguywb

Comparison between Stainless 6" bushing barreled Limited gun and Carbon Steel 5.4" Sight Tracker:

6" Limited Gun 5.4" Sight Tracker
Slide = 12.7 oz Slide = 11.6 oz
Barrel = 5.0 oz Barrel = 6.7 oz
Complete Pistol = 45.3 oz Complete Pistol = 46.8 oz
Whats kinda funny is, the 5.4" actually feels lighter in the hand than the 6" pistol.

There must be other factors between the guns other than the sight tracker, to account for the remaining weight difference. Is one a long dust cover and the other short?

Nope, they are both short dust cover guns with tac rails. One is stainless one is carbon....