Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xdm Open type gun questions

colbyjack

Any one know of other sources for extensions to make 170mm magazines?

Looks like Pistol Gear are the only people that make 170mm extensions to the best of my knowledge. Would be nice if there were other options, but every search I have done all I turn up are the PGs.

here's mine...it's been a joy to shoot even though I never have any time to really play with it. it's more setup for STEEL and for the time being it'll stay that way because of time restraints. it took a little tinkering to get it run smooth and like chevyoneton says above.....the 170 mags need some tinkering to run well but the pistol gear 140 extensions are perfect! I run the grams follower and it's not big deal..after a few sessions of shooting you get used to the slide not hanging back. and everyone has told me repeatedly...if you're reloading from slide lock...you've already lost too much time.

I have to ask what did you have to do get both your gun and 170mm Pistol Gear extensions to work? I am really thinking about building an open class XDm for USPSA but I would like to know what I am in for to try to head off any issues. I do plan on using Universal Ammo's 9mm open class ammo if that helps at all.

I have the burris on my slide and I can't stand it. It's coming off and a c more is going on with a carver mount.

From my experience, the Fastfire would stop working within the first 1,500 rounds anyhow!

you are making a smart move :bow:

This was my experience exactly @ 1500 rounds. Burris stepped up with a replacement, the warranty had two days left...

• 2 months later...

Any pics of the 2 mags welded? Was it a pain to blend and smooth?

How's tracking the dot on the slide mounted sight, compared to cmore on the carver mount?

Does anyone make a slide, that I could build a open top end to mount on my production bottom? I'm still thinking of doing this but haven't got the funds lined up yet.

Buy new base gun and build it, or buy used and send it to springer, cc, prp, etc...