Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone got/using the new Sig Max 1911?

shtr3

I bought a Sig Max to use in Single Stack Nationals this year. I've only put 100 rds down the pipe but you get a great gun and a lot of competition features right out of the box. It's really a very good value.

About 1500 through mine and 3 matches,great gun.

• 1 month later...

I bought a Max 1911 several months ago. Shot with him since he was 12 and took a class with him too, great guy. But I wasn't happy with the gun when I first got it. The sights were bottomed out and still shot 4" high at 25 yds. And the trigger pull sucked. I expected more for the money I spent on this gun when my CRP from Dawson was cheaper and shot better. I sent the gun back to Sig to resolve the point of impact issue and instead of putting a taller front sight they sent a target they shot 1"high at 15 yds and said it meets there criteria. I ordered a .210" front sight from Dawson, and did a trigger job myself and now the gun is great. I still have the series 80 parts in it because I pinned the grip safety but may remove them later. Very disappointed in how Sig handled my issue. I'm hoping my new P320 doesn't have any issues. I get it tomorrow. I got 1.5" 5 shot group at 25 yds with my reloads.

Never had that trouble with mine did put in lighter main,recoil springs and no complaints. Do have a Elite in 40 went to put a FO front sight on and found the front sight had been pinned in through the slide and off center,guess was within their specs though.

• 1 month later...

Max Michel just announced on his Facebook page the Sig Max 1911 in .40s&w is finally being released. Should be hitting dealer shelves anytime, according to Max.