Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matches in North Carolina

ZackJones

I tried looking on the Steel Challenge web site but didn't have much luck. I'm trying to find matches near Asheboro, NC. Does anyone know of any matches in that general vicinity? I'm talking about club-level matches for my brother to go shoot to see what it's all about.

Spartanburg, SC or Columbia, SC are the only steel challenge matches I know of that are close to Charlotte. There may be some matches further east, but I'm not aware of them.

He should check out the steel match at PHA (in Lexington.) It is a USPSA style match with static steel targets. It goes really quick and is a good introduction to the shooting sports (but there is lots of movement, which is different from steel challenge.)

If you are in for a little longer of a drive and a great place to visit, come to Charleston SC on the 4th Saturdays. I have a match coming up on the 23rd.

I was just in Ashboro yesterday and it took me right around 3 1/2 hours to get there. PM me if you have any questions, take care...

Spartanburg, SC or Columbia, SC are the only steel challenge matches I know of that are close to Charlotte. There may be some matches further east, but I'm not aware of them.

He should check out the steel match at PHA (in Lexington.) It is a USPSA style match with static steel targets. It goes really quick and is a good introduction to the shooting sports (but there is lots of movement, which is different from steel challenge.)

I actually think we shot the PHA match a few years ago when we were actively competing. I've been telling him about Steel Challenge and how much fun it is and I think he's wanting to try it.

If you are in for a little longer of a drive and a great place to visit, come to Charleston SC on the 4th Saturdays. I have a match coming up on the 23rd.

I was just in Ashboro yesterday and it took me right around 3 1/2 hours to get there. PM me if you have any questions, take care...

Let me guess - Steel Challenge at PGC? I shot that one in October and that's what got me hooked on it. I'll be back each month for sure. I need to get my brother to come down and shoot it one of these months.

Let me guess - Steel Challenge at PGC? I shot that one in October and that's what got me hooked on it. I'll be back each month for sure. I need to get my brother to come down and shoot it one of these months.

Yeah, ok, your the same Zack that was here last month, awesome! Looking forward to seeing you later this month. Grab your brother and we'll see you here...Take care!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think we shot the PHA match a few years ago when we were actively competing. I've been telling him about Steel Challenge and how much fun it is and I think he's wanting to try it.

Why wouldn't they want to do Real Steel Challenge instead of some Hokey Misc Steel Shoot. Griffin draws over 100 shooters some weekends.