Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pelican or soft case for 3 gun gear to and from the range?

Give Brack Wilson a call at http://patriotcases.net/ or check out Safariland's 3 gun soft bag - http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=4556

Do both! Hard cases suck to shoot a match out of but work great when traveling by air to a match. Here is a Patriot Hard Case setup for a soft bag up in the lid and 3 guns down below with a few mags and such. Best setup I've seen yet.

DB7FB1C1-3119-4BF3-869E-F12704D4071B-623

only problem is you gotta assemble the long guns at some point. that soft case is way too short fer a shotgun with a long tube. i had to go with a 56" drag bag, folded in my duffle.

Give Brack Wilson a call at http://patriotcases.net/ or check out Safariland's 3 gun soft bag - http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=4556

Do both! Hard cases suck to shoot a match out of but work great when traveling by air to a match. Here is a Patriot Hard Case setup for a soft bag up in the lid and 3 guns down below with a few mags and such. Best setup I've seen yet.

DB7FB1C1-3119-4BF3-869E-F12704D4071B-623

only problem is you gotta assemble the long guns at some point. that soft case is way too short fer a shotgun with a long tube. i had to go with a 56" drag bag, folded in my duffle.

You didn't see the soft case in the lid did you? Everything fits in there just fine. It's heavy as hell with ammo in it. Usually only carry way I need for a stage then go back to the rental car to load back up. The shotgun tube sticks out the end of every tactical bag/case I've ever seen except my uber long double gun beretta greenstone shotgun only cases.

I know others like the Safariland case but I am on my second one and there won't be a third. First one I got fell apart after 8 months of use. They made it right and sent a replacement under warranty. I have been using this one for a year and a half or so and this one is no falling apart. Zippers are ripping, straps ripping our, D rings for straps ripping off, just not holding up. I know I put a lot of stuff in there, a 3 guns plus mags etc but its advertised as a 3 gun bag so I put my 3 gun gear in there. I am over the 1 year so I was advised it's no longer under warranty. I am going to give the Brownells bag a try. A shooter I know loves his and has had for a few years and it looks great. If the Safariland case was built better I would be all over it, I really like the design and features I just wish it held up. In it's defense I am really hard on stuff it seems :-).

If I start to fly or travel Patriot is who will get my business, not only to they make great stuff but they support the sport, matches and cater to what shooters want and need in a product.

I know others like the Safariland case but I am on my second one and there won't be a third. First one I got fell apart after 8 months of use. They made it right and sent a replacement under warranty. I have been using this one for a year and a half or so and this one is no falling apart. Zippers are ripping, straps ripping our, D rings for straps ripping off, just not holding up. I know I put a lot of stuff in there, a 3 guns plus mags etc but its advertised as a 3 gun bag so I put my 3 gun gear in there. I am over the 1 year so I was advised it's no longer under warranty. I am going to give the Brownells bag a try. A shooter I know loves his and has had for a few years and it looks great. If the Safariland case was built better I would be all over it, I really like the design and features I just wish it held up. In it's defense I am really hard on stuff it seems :-).

If I start to fly or travel Patriot is who will get my business, not only to they make great stuff but they support the sport, matches and cater to what shooters want and need in a product.

+1! I have had my Safariland 3Gun bag for about 1.5 years and mine is falling apart now too. I will be trying something different after this one is totally shot (pun intended!) :)