Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SMITH & WESSON IDPA WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP

Hey Round_Gun_Shooter how did you get that package for the S&W Winter because I have been wait for it on the IDPA web site and it's not there? I'm planning on shooting my revolver if I can get in.

Contact Peggy Cowell at S&W on Monday. Check their website for a phone number. If there's still space available, I'm sure she'll send you an app --- this year I got a package in early October, and there was a mailing date restriction on sending the app out.....

my b iggest worry is driving from WV to the match in the end of feb... could be snowy????

It's usually been snowy at that time of year. Most of the time, the main highways are pretty good --- but I seem to remember driving back in crappy weather one year. While I could make that drive in summer time in about 4 hours from N.J., I've usually had it take closer to 5-5.5 in winter....

Allow for an extra day --- just in case you have to hole up on the way back. Check weather forecasts ahead of time, in case you decide you need to leave a day early to beat a major storm....

Hey Round_Gun_Shooter how did you get that package for the S&W Winter because I have been wait for it on the IDPA web site and it's not there? I'm planning on shooting my revolver if I can get in.

As stated, the original apps went out in October to those who had requested and those that had shot the match before. They had to be sent in no earlier that 10-20 which I am sure gave Peg a mad rush.

So far I know 4 guys who got thursday slots and turned them down. There has always been a waiting list which usually gets used.

Two years ago, there was a shooter who drove to S&W in case someone didn't show up at the last minute.

As far as the weather, I see us having another tough winter here so I may allow an extra hour for the drive.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Contact Peggy Cowell at S&W on Monday. Check their website for a phone number. If there's still space available, I'm sure she'll send you an app --- this year I got a package in early October, and there was a mailing date restriction on sending the app out.....

Last year I received my application and called to see what days were available (THE SAME FREAKING DAY) and Peggy said the match was full....hmmm <_<

So this year I send her Email after Email (even in September) asking that we be kept on the waiting list for application mailings. She says we're on the list......cool :) During one of the Email exchanges I reaffirmed my belief that the east coasties were getting their applications earlier (probably by a week) and therefore locked us out in 2004..... :o absurd, she says..... <_< O.K.

So a friend of ours asks us two weeks ago "you guys going?" We say sure, as soon as we get an application. He tells us they have been taking applications for over two weeks!!!!!! :angry::angry:

If the moderators wouldn't smack me on the head I'd list my true feelings about this match and their record keeping skills.

During one of the Email exchanges I reaffirmed my belief that the east coasties were getting their applications earlier (probably by a week) and therefore locked us out in 2004

.....that might be why they got apps out early and instituted a mailing date, i.e. no app mailed before that date would be accepted.....

Unfortunately it's a great match that's growing in popularity but has NO room for serious expansion.....

.....that might be why they got apps out early and instituted a mailing date, i.e. no app mailed before that date would be accepted.....

Well maybe I helped someone this year by mentioning it to her last year. Have a good match.

Well maybe I helped someone this year by mentioning it to her last year. Have a good match.

Unfortunately I can't go this year..... See ya there in '06?

• 1 month later...

Well, I just got my letter from S&W. It seems that they will be holding the match according the OLD rule book. That's good news. I'm still using duty gear, but that should keep the cancellations down...let's hope. Hope to see some of you there.

Phil