Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buffer and Recoilmaster?

Pistolskytte

You don't need a buffer with your RM, the subspring assbly. serves that purpose. Also I believe that if you try to do it anyway the buffer will get "chewed up" and you'll end up with a million pieces of plastic hanging around inside your pistola.

if you feel that your recoil master is too light or too heavy...

Okay, I really like my pistol the way it is, I just thought I might decrease wear by installing a buffer.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to find something else to do with my beloved gun :-)

Fast Fumble, Denmark

I did not like the wear my RM made on my barrel so I designed a cominolli like buffer for the head of my RM and it did work but i didn't trust it enough to keep it in the gun. I've now polished the RM so there is no "sharp" edges that can scrape my barrel, works fine.

Take a bunch of springs to the range and experiment, I don't run a standard RM in my gun - I've played a lot with springs. I shoot +P 9mm and have a heavy RM in my gun.. ;)

by the way why was not anybody from Team Fast Fumble in Quickborn this weekend? We were 17 danes that cleaned out the prize table. A really good time.

by the way why was not anybody from Team Fast Fumble in Quickborn this weekend? We were 17 danes that cleaned out the prize table. A really good time.

Argh...

We'll be there next year. This year is a "learning experience" for us, and our focus har not been primarily on IPSC, but it will be from now on.

The three Team Uckfups have various reasons for not showing up in Quickborn:

Hitman: Doesn't really have a gun and rig yet (sigh)

Rockeren: Still shoots his single stack 1911 and doesn't think his multiple reloads are fast enough yet.

Fast Fumble: My 15 month old twins just started daycare, so they're constantly sick. I could have gone to Quickborn, but that would also implicate the initiation of divorce proceedings, so...

Expect to se more of us in 2005

Fast Fumble, Denmark

"About shock buffs and The Recoil Master" I have used Joseph E. Cominolli, Frame Saver, rear shock buff for about a year know and had no problems. I have been using the same one forever. Listen to a person who really knows how to not only build a gun, but shoots too!!! Slips right over the secondary spring in rear.

• 4 weeks later...

According to Sprinco website ..........the CZ Standard IPSC recoilmaster is to be used with the stock factory spring and black buffer...............is this a peculiarity just to this model?.........Anyone out there with a CZ Standard IPSC using a recoilmaster know the answer to this????.....If so, is the buffer getting chewed up quickly????..............thanks, Merry Xmas, race1911

CZ IPSC ST Only. It was my gun that Rob and Alan at Sprinco used as their testing and prototype platform to finish the the Sprinco Recoil reducer design for the ST. The only reason the factory buff is needed at all is that the rearward slide travel exceeds the the lug/slide contact point - meaning there is excess travel left in the guide rod/spring desgin which allows the the lower portion of the slide to crash into the lugs BEFORE the spring fuly compresses - maybe an inherent design flaw, this existed before Eric Grauffel pushed Sprinco to produce an CZ ST product (even though Eric shoots Tanfoglio) for his friends in Europe. This was ocurring before the Sprinco product came out this year, hence, the factory buffs (50) shipped with every ST. The Sprinco product actually increases guide rod potential travel and therefore really requires the buff. But man does the gun run nice, heavy frame combined with a 200 grain .40 167 PF load and the muzzle bearly jumps. I have an STI Edge in 9mm with RM - no buff needed or helpful. I think the steel the RM is made of is softer than the the surounding metal, this way it absorbs the punishment its springs cant absorb. Polish it ?, yes, but no need for a buff.

Thanks,

Jon