Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing a 3G comp?

SouthernYank

After reading a couple of recent posts on the 3G, it appears the comp is welded on? I have one and was planning on installing a Miculek as a replacement. I was hoping it was as simple as placing the barrel in a barrel vise, adding heat and removing.....

Anyone have some advice on removing the stock comp? I would prefer to remove it myself but before I start cutting or grinding, I would appreciate hearing from you folks that have done this.

Thanks in advance

Is this the Stag 3G? If so, there are two models, one for restricted states and the other is not. The one sold to restricted stages (most easily recognized by the 10 round mag that comes with it and the fixed stock) has the comp pinned and the pin should be welded. I picked up one of these by accident and quickly sold it and got the unrestricted model (Magpul adjustable stock and 30 round mag) and I was able to put it in a vise and take the comp off. This was one of the very first models to hit the market a few years ago so not sure if it's changed now but I doubt it.

Hope this helps...

Is this the Stag 3G? If so, there are two models, one for restricted states and the other is not. The one sold to restricted stages (most easily recognized by the 10 round mag that comes with it and the fixed stock) has the comp pinned and the pin should be welded. I picked up one of these by accident and quickly sold it and got the unrestricted model (Magpul adjustable stock and 30 round mag) and I was able to put it in a vise and take the comp off. This was one of the very first models to hit the market a few years ago so not sure if it's changed now but I doubt it.

Hope this helps...

Ya, I purchased mine this year,it came with a 30rd mag ,and the comp unscrewed replacing it with a Miculek.