Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga 12 magazines

Fordfan485

Anyone ever had a problem with the AGP Saiga 12 10 rd mags having the feed lips pop off:. This happened to me several times today with 4 different magazines. The feed lips would pop off while running or attempting to load and would cause all my shells, the follower and spring to go flying all over the place. Was very frustrating

Edited by Fordfan485

I remember having this issue with one of my Saiga AGP magazines back when I was running one. All I did to fix it from happening again was to bend the side tabs in a bit to make them clamp tighter to the sides of the magazines. Also, make sure the plastic dimples that the feed lips secure to are free of burrs from the mold process. If I remember correctly, I had to dress them a bit to make nice clean sharp sides of the dimples. Once I did this, the feed lips never moved again. My factory five round magazine did the same thing straight from the factory also.

When I git my Saiga I drove up to AGP and picked up some mags for it. After converting my SG I went out to run some rounds through it and gave the gun and all the mags a workout. I had no issues like you describe, mags worked great. Any indication of the bolt hitting the feed lips?

Neal in AZ

Never had that issue with my AGP magazines and they were all first generation. Some very early 10-round AGP magazines had stainless-steel looking feed lips that were out of spec and AGP replaced them all with parkerized steel feed lips.

Never had that issue with my AGP magazines and they were all first generation. Some very early 10-round AGP magazines had stainless-steel looking feed lips that were out of spec and AGP replaced them all with parkerized steel feed lips.

Mine must all be 1st gen then because all my feed lips are stainless steel

• 3 weeks later...

Mine work well. I haven't had any problems with the feed lips. I did have a weird thing happen with my SGM mag at a night 3-gun match, however. The rounds would bind up on the side of the mag. I think the mag got cold, and the sides warped in making it too narrow. Has anyone else experienced that?