Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fixed time NPM Trouble

MindfulShooting

I set up a match on my iPad master running 1.5.10 (should be current). One stage was Six in Six CM 09-01, a fixed time stage. I didn't sync my two Nook touch devices (both running 1.1.11) until after registration and then handed them to squad leaders. My iPad worked fine, but the two Nooks did not have an active NPM column for the 09-01 stage. So the score keepers were unable to record misses as NPMs, and instead had to record misses in the Mike column. I synced everything to the iPad and then imported the match results into EZWin on a PC. In EZW, the mikes showed up properly as NPMs. BUT! if a competitor had nine mikes on that stage, the import process also recorded 9 late shots in their score. So two problems: 1) scorers were unable to record NPMs in the field, and 2) during importing into EZW, all misses were recorded as Late Shots. Is this nothing more than a Nook PS version problem? And how do I determine what the most recent version of PS is for my Nooks?

Any advice or insight is appreciated,

Bill

1.1.11 is pretty archaic. Checking in 1.2.5 (which is not THE most current), a fixed time stage disables mikes and enables the NPMs for all the targets.

You can go to https://practiscore.com/android-version to see what version is available, and the main screen displays the version beneath the "Change Match" button.

Edited by jcwren

Please wait for 1.2.7, it should be posted later today or tomorrow.

JC is right, you need to update to one of the recent 1.2.x versions, there were fixes related to interoperability with iOS app.

• 4 weeks later...

We shot 99-01 today and besides it kicking my ass everything worked as expected. NPM's recorded just fine. At our club the master tablet is an iPad and the stage tables are some Google tablets. I'm not sure which ones. I really like scoring paperless. I hope it catches on at all matches where I may shoot.