Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci and quad load

DonovanM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are the stock lifters good to go on the Vinci ? (no need to make them longer)

I had mine done after the port. Got my thumb stuck when I still caddy loaded. Didn't hurt (much less impale my thumbnail like I've seen happen) just got stuck. it might be fine if you stick with load 2/4 as Pat has.

I had mine done after the port. Got my thumb stuck when I still caddy loaded. Didn't hurt (much less impale my thumbnail like I've seen happen) just got stuck. it might be fine if you stick with load 2/4 as Pat has.

Who did you have weld your lifter?

Local guy - Fred Hastings of http://dev.carfirearms.com/. It's pretty rad now.

Local guy - Fred Hastings of http://dev.carfirearms.com/. It's pretty rad now.

Did he flatten out that hump at the end of the lifter? If so, how does it function?

Mind posting a picture?

Nope, he just added a little extension as you can see. Works PERFECT, and he polished it up slick as snot. I mentioned being concerned about adding too much mass to the carrier, so he even weighed it before and after for me - it went from 32 to a whole 34 grams. :)

(Pardon the JB weld, that was me wanting to go a little more aggressive on the port job)

1384156_579895362058782_778740887_n.jpg

Edited by DonovanM

The jb weld adds character:)

Now get off the forums and practice more slacker :)<<<universal 'just kidding' sign

I can only do so much until the side of my thumb gets sore from shoving the shells in. It's taken a beating recently. :D

Edited by DonovanM