Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone hearing more Revo buzz?

jester121

Anecdotal, but whereas we normally have zero or one (me) revolver shooters at our monthly club match, today we had 3. That's unheard of.

Another club in the area is hosting a November revolver-centric match to bolster interest, I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

Last week we had unoffical "revo night" at our weekly match. We had 8 revo shooters that night (normal is 1-2). Everyone had fun, a lot of the shooters do not normally shoot revo but joined in for the fun. I lent one of my 610's to a dedicated limited shooter a few days before the match and he is now searching for a revo to buy. He told me it was the most addicive gun he has ever shot (aparently more fun then his Edge and Limcat guns). I think part of trying to get new shooters, and increasing revo participation is exposing and getting other to try it be for they buy it. I lent out a couple of rigs and shot my Ruger Police Six in 9mm so others could use my "more competitive" equipment.

Its like take a friend to the range, lent your equipment to someone with even a little intrest and get them to shoot a match. That is how we will increase our numbers. Like the MCC and stand alone revo nationals we can increase the number of shooters. 6 or 8 shot I will shoot what I have reguardless of what they do to the division.

Jon

Yes I have - just this wknd had two guys ask me about the change to add 8 minor and what it would take to get a 627 up to speed. That was the first time in the three or four years I've been shooting revo that someone has asked serious questions.

Oh, yea. We even had a guy shooting a model 66 and loading with 38s placed in SKS stripper clips. It was slow but at least he came out and gave it a try. He gets a big thumbs up from me for trying! :goof:

Just for a hoot I was thinking about shooting my Ruger LCR (5-shot) with stripper clips at that November match.... Not sure 150 rounds of 357 magnum would be good for my hands though.

I'd say the fact that this is getting so much attention is great, lots of people chiming in as to how they feel about it. I know most people that will be into this are existing shooters but this may help me get others involved since I have been bitten by the revo bug. This now gives me a chance to get my father into shooting since he's never liked semi autos, so there's possibly one new to the sport right there. I'm going to start him off with steel challenge and possibly get him to move into some uspsa or idpa at some point.