Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost pouches, when did they change the belt attachment?

Sandbagger123

Got my pouches today and noticed the belt attachment is no longer the quick release one. A call to the vendor and they told me that it the new style.

one of the thing i thought was great was the quick release. So was there a problem with them that they needed to change it?? are the new style just as good?

I prefer the new style. It takes up less room on the belt. But even then, the new ghost belt attachment is still bulky as hell also. You better use velcro on the back. If you run a lot of them, you will have an entire portion of belt that doesn't get velcro'd to the inner belt. They release smooth as hell, but man, that attachment friggin' blows.

I went back to my DAA Racer pouches. I wish I could combine the belt attachment of the DAA Racer to the pouch of the Ghost 360! The belt attachment is narrow and allows tons of velcro to still be useful.

Now I am at a dilemma with my racer pouches. I hate how they rattle when no mag is inserted. I hate the work around of shaving the thick spacer for the Glock mag. It still never feels just right.

I am looking into the Safariland pouches now. I am fed up with pouches. Can't you tell? :roflol:

Edited by JaeOne3345

• 3 weeks later...

I 3D printed a Ghost pouch ELS fork. Still tweeking the model so haven't actually tried it out for reals yet. No idea how these will hold up to actual use.

attachicon.gifGhost ELS 1.jpg

attachicon.gifGhost ELS 2.jpg

I just ordered an ELS belt from Safariland. I would be most intrested in production versions of this.

For the moment I am going to buy a spare belt just for my USPSA Production rig where I use the Ghost 360 pouches.