Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

chrono help

Fireant

O.K. I have my pact IV chrono/timer with the red metal bar and screens. Now how do I set this thing up. What do I set it on. I've seen people with camera tripods to set their chrono on, but can not figure out how on this one.

Thanks.

(I did do a search)

There is a threaded hole in the middle of the mounting bar that a tripod will screw onto.

The skyscreen nearest to you gets plugged into the "start" hole on the back of the timer; the other one goes into the "stop" hole.

If all else fails read the directions ;)

Adam

You can set it on a table. I used to put it on top of a wooden rifle rack that I could move around. I used the long wire ties to attach it so the wind wouldn't blow it around.

Then stretch the wires out so that you are a good distance away. Yuo can shoot while kneeling or sitting in a chair.

Put a target up on the far side of the screens so that you have an aiming point. (Might even do some group shooting and kill two birds for teh price of one.)

Get a little tripod at your local dept store. You can use it for your chrono, spotting scope or even mount a camera on it. I think the one I use was less than $20.00.

I had a buddy shoot my Chrony brand chronograph years ago. The one with the LCD display right on the front of the unit :wacko: 30-06 no less. The LCD didnt have a chance :(

Adam

Guest Larry Cazes

If you are shooting an open gun across it, remember that there is a larger offset dot to bore if you're really close to it compared to iron sights. I learned this the hard way and it cost me $30.00 to replace my chrono housing.

Tip of the Day:

Paint a red dot on the stop screen and its plug and a green dot on the start screen and it's plug.

That way when you get to the range and set it up you'll look like you know what you're doing, and it won't take you the first mag to figure out if its working right or not.

I also wire tied the cables together just make things neat.