Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun problems

Fireant

I just got my limited gun back from being chromed. I put my new Ice magwell on and took it to the range for a test run before sat. match. I load up and set the timer beep.........the trigger will not budge. I've been dry firing this gun for two weeks since I got it back. I drop the mag and I can fire the one round in the chamber. After a few minutes of this I take the magwell of and put a mag in and i fires fine. What problems could my new magwell be causing?

Thanks

No, no, no.....the mag does not stop the overtravel of the trigger, the mag release does. I would check your overtravel screw, back it out to be sure that that is not the problem. A buddies gun was having the same issue, with mag no bang, without mag bang. He was using a SV ITS setup. The bows seem to be so long on those. With a mag in the top of the trigger was making contact with the mag not allowing the sear to be tripped.

I can't imagine what just changing a magwell would have to do with your trigger.

When They chromed the frame and slide, they also chromed the entire mag release. Could the extra material cause this? I'll back it out and try it in the morning. I'm glad I have my never fail Glock as a back up though.