Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pic Request: Techwell XT with System/Corey Mags?

JaeOne3345

Yes, I have searched the SS picture thread.

I am wondering if anyone out there can provide a picture of a Tripp system/corey magazine inserted into a Techwell XT magwell?

Most pics people take do not include the magazine being inserted.

I am trying to see how much of the base pad is exposed as compared to a Dawson/Dawson arrangement.

Thanks!

I played with one (Dawson no gap) over the weekend and I liked how if you snagged the front, the mag still went in since it did not get caught up on the frame.

Admittedly I have never tried the XT techwell, just the TGO with the entire front cut out.

My only gripe with the Dawson set up is that only the heel area of the basepad is exposed a decent portion. I like how the Techwell has a good sized portion of the entire base bottom exposed.

So it hasn't been an issue? I have a TRP here with a factory mag well (basically nothing). In comparison to the Ice No Gap I tried this weekend, I am not sure about people saying magwells don't really help on a single stack. It was super easy to load. I know that is not what you are saying.

Wanna keep from snagging on this or that....practice.

Yes, that is understood, and is also common sense, but things do happen in the heat of the stage, sir. I am not looking at a way out of practicing. It would just be insurance. C'mon now. :cheers:

I am sure I am gonna give the System/XT combo a try anyway. I like what I am seeing in terms of how much pad is still exposed! :goof: Another plus is not having to buy separate pads. I think I have my choice made.

Edited by JaeOne3345

Wanna keep from snagging on this or that....practice.

Yes, that is understood, and is also common sense, but things do happen in the heat of the stage, sir. I am not looking at a way out of practicing. It would just be insurance. C'mon now. :cheers:

I am sure I am gonna give the System/XT combo a try anyway. I like what I am seeing in terms of how much pad is still exposed! :goof: Another plus is not having to buy separate pads. I think I have my choice made.

Look the mag into the back right corner and you'll never hit the front.

That's understood, man! LOL I am already going with the techwell. I mean, might as well run zero mag well since my hands are too small for it to benefit my grip anyway, right? LOL. As I keep saying, I understand I should not be using anything as a sole crutch. It would just be "what if insurance," but it's not that serious. I have already decided on the Techwell anyway. Can a man talk out loud and voice his concerns, even those that are trivial? I have had clean driving record for years, but I ain't gonna cancel my insurance tomorrow. It's not big concern. I was just curious.

Thanks, trp. The pics helped a lot.

Definitely going with the Techwell/Tripp combo, (and practice). :cheers:

Edited by JaeOne3345

I've used the stock sa one on My trp for a couple years now really with out a problem but I'm going to a 40 now and figured I might as well have the extra insurance as it also anchors my hand on the gun really good, but I don't really have hands more like meat hooks....

Voice away...I run a magwell too for the same insurance. I was just trying to give advice. Regardless if what magwell you pick if you aim for the back right corner you don't snag on the front.

Understood. Been reading a lot of your post on keeping the 40's running. Thanks for the info! Tons of reloads with the Glock has taught me to aim for the rear. I guess my OCD just makes me worry about those rare instances where your brain may fart. That is all. As with many things, I am worrying about trivial issues that I know I shouldn't sweat.