Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Practiscore -> EZWinScore question

kcobean

Ok, I'm making progress. From the practiscore export files, I've imported my registration (shooter info), my matches, and now I need to import my scores. The problem I'm having is that I'm getting an error about a shooter with ID "-1" and the import is stopping. Looking at the Scores_P file, it looks like ALL of the shooter entries have a shooter ID of -1. How do I deal with this?

when you went to export it should have told you the shooter numbers were misaligned and asked it you wanted it to fix them for you... yes will fix this

It did ask and I did say yes, but the text file still has -1 for every shooter ID. Can this be fixed, or am I hosed?

Still need to know if this is from android or apple. Also, you can send me the actual .psc file (I'll pm email address) and I'll see what I can do with it.

You'll need a sd card installed for this if android. Tap sync, then tap export match, tap 'save to sd card' and note the location, which should be /sdcard/practiscore/match/. Hook up the android (nook?) device to your pc, navigate to the sd card and find the .psc file there. You can email that as an attachment.

• 2 weeks later...

Never saw an email. Here's a question, though. Did you register people into a match in ezws and then export the match to PS? If so, are you trying to re-import the match back into the existing ezws match?

If that's the case, try importing into a new empty ezws match. You'll have to create the empty match. Then import stages. Then import competitors. Then finally import scores.

Never saw an email. Here's a question, though. Did you register people into a match in ezws and then export the match to PS? If so, are you trying to re-import the match back into the existing ezws match?

If that's the case, try importing into a new empty ezws match. You'll have to create the empty match. Then import stages. Then import competitors. Then finally import scores.

No, we registered everyone on the iPad. It works much better and faster but obviously doesn't work in the long run. Had to manually enter 55 shooters for 7 stages to get the results out last night.

Not a happy camper....

Sure wish there was an upload from PractiScore to the USPSA website.

BC

I have the same issue. How do you fix this without e-mailing Scores_P to Bill? Exporting file from Apple iPad version 1.5.10.

BC

You are seeing -1 as the shooter number because you are exporting in the wrong order. You have to export registration first, then the scores and stages. I ran into this a few months ago.

I believe what I posted should help you out.

I found this issue several months back and emailed support who instructed me to always export registration first, then scores as the shooter number only gets assigned on the registration export.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is something i created to Remeber the Step by step way to import to EZ Win Score from my iPad When it says Header that is the EZ winscore Tab at the Top or the Main Directory ( Run Windows on my Mac so some of this you won't have to do if you run a PC)

Robert Porter

1. Export Match Reg tx. to ITunes from Handheld Device

2. Export Match Stages and Scores to ITunes from Handheld Device I use an Ipad

Attach Transfer cable

Open ITunes Click on the Handheld Device on left ( Ipad- Ipod etc) apps part

3. Transfer folder to Desktop and Open Windows then transfer to Windows Desktop

4. Open Folder and drag Docs. to USPSA folder, Must drag them out of original folder

5. Go to EZ Win Score FILE HEADER and GO to NEW MATCH, Make a New Empty Match

6. Go to SET UP HEADER down to MATCH INFO, Type in new name and go to HANDHELD at bottom and click handheld button, click on USPSA Folder, Click OK (Weird Window Comes up) Click OK, Then Click SAVE, Close Window

7. Go to SET UP HEADER down to REGISTRATION, then Click REGISTRATION IMPORT TAB Click Yes Radio Button for Allow Reentries, then Click IMPORT REG BUTTON. Open USPSA Folder to open, double click REG Doc. Poof Reg imported Close window

8. Import Stages: Go to MATCH HEADER Down to and Click HANDHELD, Then Click IMPORT STAGES BUTTON, Poof Stages, Close window

9. Go To SET UP HEADER down to Stages, Double Click Classifier Stage, Go to Classifier Code Box and Click Yes, add Number from pulled down Menu, then Click Save Window, (Pops up saying Change will delete Score But U don’t have any so OK), Close WIndow

10. Go Back to MATCH HEADER down to HANDHELD and Then Click IMPORT SCORES BUTTON at top then Close Window

11. Go To MATCH HEADER down to UPDATE CLASSIFICATION Then Click UPDATE MATCH CLASSIFCATIONS BUTTON then, click close

12. Goto MATCH HEADER down to CALCULATE RESULTS, Click CALCULATE BUTTON

13. Click WEB FILE BUTTON to create File to up load scores to USPSA web site for results posting Close window

14. Go to REPORTS HEADER click on ACTIVITY REPORT, click on WEB FILE BUTTON, makes a file to up load for Classifier Activity report. Close window

15. Close EZ win score Program Go to Short Cut, GO to C drive, Go to USPSA, Go to the EZ WIN SCORE, Find File and Drag to Windows Desk top, Close window Drag to Mac Desk top

CLOSE Windows Program Turn off Parrells Start Internet upload

Edited by scorch