Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Lube fro Beretta 92

ranger

There's a bunch of different products on the market that all *seem* to be based on dissolving paraffin wax in a solvent carrier. Each is its own special witches brew that is superior to all others.

Eezox, Boeshield, Strike-Hold, Militec, all seem to be variations on the same principle, each with users willing to wage holy war on the infidel users of other lubricants. Personally, I'd go with the Boeshield just because it doesn't feel like I'm mailing blood money to the Taliban. I got an email from a guy competing in the Year Long 3-Gun Match and he swears by the Strike-Hold.

YMMV.

I bought some Remington DriLube aerosol today for a trial. Anyone use it?

We (a buddy and I) tried it on a couple of guns back in the mid 1990s. It was ... inadequate. The dry teflon residue doesn't do much to help a slide move easier on its rails. After that, I used it on the inside of magazine tubes and not much else.

Did you mention why you wanted a dry lube? I'm guessing for deployment to SW Asia?

Take a tube of TW25B with you. If you don't use it, it won't take up much space, but you might find it meets your lubrication needs even though it's not a dry lube.