Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where I hit the Target

Buddy

I went to the NRA museum as was looking at a book and it told you that if you were grouping your shots in the same place with any gun you shoot that there were things you were doing wrong. I personally tend to group consistently high and left. I think that is pulling the shot or faking recoil that will be coming but hasn't. Anyone seen anything like that? I kinow a Glock book that has a pie chart like that but it doesn't bread it down well. Any help would be much appreciated!! Thankyou!! This is on slow fire target practice.

At least that test target has a "jerking" slice.. most call it something like "too much trigger finger" or some other term. They're OK for slow-fire bullseye-style shooting, but don't give them too much credence-- if the gun does that off sandbags, it may be the sights are off or something else is wrong.

Well, the trigger should travel straight backwards. Position your finger in a way that accomplishes this.

For me, this is about the middle of my fingernail when looking at it from the front; but the exact position may change with the size and shape of the shooter's hand and length of his/her fingers.