Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R & R Racing Shotguns...Open vs Tactical Package

Truegent2004

I'd like to get an open shotgun for 3 gun and my buddy swears by R & R's Open Gun.

I love the gun but its kind of pricey.

I see on there web site they have a Tactical Model that doesnt have the compensator or scope base but is $700 less than the open version

Does anybody have any experience with the Tactical version? Impressions?

Oh and I tried finding a good used one for sale....there doesn't seem to be any.

Edited by Truegent2004

I have both a Saiga and an Mka both run great but the Mka is less money and runs better. Look into Firebird Tac 12 save a Grand. IMG_2126.JPG 528.jpeg

Not sure who made your Saiga but it doesn't look like R&R. I won't vouch for any other maker but Robbie's got it down. The only issue I've had with mine have been completely my fault. At first not knowing how to clean and most recently turning it to the wrong gas setting and over gassing it.

I am on my second R&R saiga and both run and run. The first one was a very early version that did need to get the kinks worked out, but once we did it runs and still does. My second is a custom one that I worked with Robert on and from day one I have had no problems.

I have a very limited experience with a firebird MKA early edition. It did not have all the kinks worked out, but as I understand it Jim has figured out that platform.

Both, if done by people who KNOW what they are doing, are great platforms. For me I like the recoil impulse of the saiga better and that is why I had my second one built.

I'd like to get an open shotgun for 3 gun and my buddy swears by R & R's Open Gun.

I love the gun but its kind of pricey.

I see on there web site they have a Tactical Model that doesnt have the compensator or scope base but is $700 less than the open version

Does anybody have any experience with the Tactical version? Impressions?

Oh and I tried finding a good used one for sale....there doesn't seem to be any.

Get the open package the comp is so worth it and of course you want a red dot sight. Rob does good work it is expensive but worth it.

Pat