Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beware...

Ron Ankeny

I had the pleasure of watching one of our very own forum members display a flash of total brilliance, immediately followed by an oh poop, at the Colorado State match last summer.

The shoot was a speed shoot with a mandatory reload. This guy was so good, he fired one round at a target, saw a single exposure/disapperaing target become available, drilled that target and came back picking up the last target. Wow, ten points gained at the cost of only one .30 transition. That's slick. Then came the Colorado reload.

Colorado Reload (windows video file)

Not to mention any names, but those are the hands of a highly skilled surgeon. If he were a urologist, you let this guy perform a vasectomy on you? :D

I'd know that laugh in the back ground anywhere. It is the shooter's own. John is one of the coolest people I have ever had the privilege to shoot with. Even when things don't go so good, he's still havin' a good time! :P

Stop pressuring me! :lol:

It's too bad the audio went down the tubes when I captured the video. John was laughing so hard, I don't know how he finished the stage. He is definately one class act. Right after John's disaster, another forum member stoked it up and burned the stage to the ground, he had it in the bag. The bear trap target came up, he shot two Alphas, then torched off the last shot for good measure. Yeah, he drilled the no-shot. The look on his face was priceless. I won't mention any names. :P

Thanks Ron!

I think the reload went something like this.

Hit the mag release, grab the mag, look the mag into the gun (I know Robin, keep the gun up!), mag won't seat so smack it, still won't seat, notice it is backwards, unwedge it, flip it around and reseat it. Might as well just have fun now!

Where was the camera on Six Chickens? That's what I want to know!

Even as I type this I am cracking up. What a maroon. Lesson learned (along with no empty mags in the mag pouches) put the mags in the right way!

...experience is a good teacher.

I don't recall when I picked it up, but my LAMR routine [now] includes pulling my first two mags to make sure they have ammo in them and are where I expect them to be.

Now mine...

My fubar that came at the wrong time...

I lost some screws in my mag pouches long ago (a year or two, likley). I replaced most (and loc-tite'ed them...lesson learned there), but I was one screw short. So, I run without that extra screw in my front pouch...keeping it nice and loose. My thinking was, if I ever lost the mag, I had a couple more spares on the belt already. But, I never lost it. It wasn't ever a factor. Until...

Until stage 2 at this year's Nationals. For the first time ever...that mag tried to leave the pouch before it's time. That in itself might not have been bad...had it got the heck out of the way. But, somehow, I caught the damn thing (unknowingly really)...and started it toward the gun. Of course, it was upside down. And, since it was so close, I couldn't seem to drop it and just go to the next mag. I had to flip it around and get it in there.

That was about an 18 point mishap...and 5 places...at the Nationals. :wacko:

(John, hope that makes you feel better.) :):D:D

Ron....You have to post Sam's run, it was great.

Flex, it's good to know that if I ever get there I can screw up as a GM, too!

My bottom line is that I shoot for fun. It just so happens that shooting well is more fun than sucking. When these misadventures happen, I just learn from them and move on. Luckily, I have a day job.

John, trust me when I say that everyone makes mistakes like that. Once, I wanted to show my club mates how fast I could reload my revolver. Appearently I forgot to loctite the screw that holds the cylinder assembly in place. I made a shot, hit the target, opened up the cylinder, emptied it, grabbed a new clip, brought the new clip to the gun to find out there was no cylinder to put the fresh clip in :(:unsure:;)

Flex, it's good to know that if I ever get there I can screw up as a GM, too!

Dang...maybe I should have been shooting a Para (22 rounds in the gun). TJ didn't have to do a reload at all.

Steve has the video of TJ on Stage 2 on his site now. (thanks to DirtyPool for pointing that out on another thread, I had missed it)

http://andersonshooting.com/natvideos.htm

Travis' run is also on there. Looks like he has a slight reload bobble, but gets the mag in before he sets up. Mine wasn't so pretty. I was standing around for a while doing no shooting...just playing with my equipment (so to speak). ;)

1 ROBERT LEATHAM 98 0 10.75 9.1163 100.0000 100.00%

4 TODD JARRETT 92 0 10.84 8.4871 93.0981 93.10%

11 TRAVIS TOMASIE 93 0 12.62 7.3693 80.8365 80.84%

35 KYLE FARRIS 95 0 15.48 6.1370 67.3190 67.32%

I coulda' been a contenda' LOL :D

(still had a great day of shooting) :)