Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on Sights....

Cundiff5535

Hey gang, I have been lurking for a while reading and getting some good info! I sent out my slide to have some sight cuts but, I am not going in circles on what rear sights to get. I was originally going to get a Kensight adjustable rear but, I am now thinking of going with a Bomar style rear cut. The reason for this is, 90% of my 1911's have an SVI .110 rear sight so, I think it would be cool to keep it consistent. The reason for second guessing is that the SVI stuff is EXPENSIVE... the rear sight will run be around 145 shipped. The Kensight will only run 60 or so...

With that said, if I go with the SVI sight I would want to get a .100x180 front F.O (or a .100 so that it would match up correctly with my rear)... Can anyone confirm that a sight like this exists for the CZ?

Anyway, looking forward to you help, thoughts, and insight!

Thanks again,
Bobby C

Bobby,

Where did you get the slide milled? Mind PMing me with the info if you dont mind sharing?

I asked CZ custom about doing an LPA style cut and they recommended i buy a complete slide instead as that was more "economical"...yeah....k...

If you have alot of SVI sights stay consistent and stick with what you know provided you LIKE what you've got. Its a one time deal so heft up the ol wallet and fork over the cash. Buy once cry once. :)

Dawson precision offers the sight you are looking for.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT:CZ+Front+Sights

I am planning on getting one of the 0.100 front sights for my new Tactical Sport, I'm not sure what hight though, or if i want to change the rear sight at the same time. I too am used to SVI rear sights (with 0.100 dawson fronts).

I look forward to the pictures. Glad I could help point you in the right direction. I've been really happy with my Dawson sights in the past. I had one problem with the front sight in my Tanfo, but they did a great job of making it right.

I don't know if I missed it but what specific CZ are we talking about here?

As I mentioned, I am looking into the same sights for my tactical sport, but I was under the impression the slide cut for the bomar sights and the kensight sights are the same, could someone clarify for me? Can I go use any sight from a 1911 on my TS or am I restricted to special sights specifically designed for the TS? Sorry for the thread drift.

-Eli

Edited by EngineerEli

I asked CZ custom about doing an LPA style cut and they recommended i buy a complete slide instead as that was more "economical"...yeah....k...

That is very weird advice...as topends are next to impossible to find

LPA Champion sight cut we do all day, everyday $210 to supply and install the sight, do the cut and refinish the slide. Just got to make sure you have the low hammer, because the sight install is low.

LPA Kensight and the Bomar are different cuts. dovetails are different.

For the TS, use the Kensight LPA TRT rear.

It looks like Kensight and LPA are the only two companies that make the LPA TRT style rear sights. Are there any major differences in the two sights as far as quality or durability goes? I saw the LPA has set screws in it where they are at least not visible on the Kensight. LPA appears to be Italian, where I think Kensight is American if that makes any difference one way or the other.

Bobby did you decide to go with the LPA/TRT rear sight cut or are you going with the standard Bomar cut?

That is very weird advice...as topends are next to impossible to find

LPA Champion sight cut we do all day, everyday $210 to supply and install the sight, do the cut and refinish the slide. Just got to make sure you have the low hammer, because the sight install is low.

Nice to know. I was never even quoted a price after asking...

Do you guys cut the sight pocket like the regular Target Shadow, or is it a more linear cut?

In almost 3k rounds in a very short amount of time i have not had a single issue with my Kensight LPA adjustable. Granted, its not alot of rounds but i feel confident that this thing should hold its zero. The only "issue" i have with it is that it came with a stripped retaining screw from the factory/cz custom. The Allen screws that hold the sight body onto the slide are VERY small.

Sorry to hear you did not get all the information you needed. I am a bit surprised.

We are set up to do the pocket cut.

Did you just get the sight? That would be a Kensight issue possibly as we get the sights assembled.