Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

little help with iron sights pls

gondo

so i put a new 15 inch samson ff rail on my ar and ive got my scope on and want to put some of the angle iron sights on too, what brands are out there that people are like and are running and what mounts, if any, do i need, please recomend what i should get and why

Gondo, sorry for the delayed reply, we just finished up w/ the Pro-Am at Rockcastle.

Your Evo tube came with a couple of 2" sections of pic rail. These can be installed at the 2:00 position (if you shoot rifle right handed), one toward the muzzle, one toward the chamber. Samson's quick deployment front and rear mount up on the rail sections to give you a set up flip ups.

I personally do not use offset irons in Tac Optics, so I can't help you much other than offering advice on how to set it up.

If you need any other info on the Samson sights, please feel free to post here or message me.

Bryan Ray

Edited by Bryan 45

I'm considering the same route as the OP. But I wonder how well a traditional rear sight will work mounted on the handguard. Wouldn't it be a bit far from your eye?

I wonder if u could mount the rear on an offset rail behind your optic, and mount the front directly on the 1:30 position of the samson handguard with a regular picatinny and still get proper alignment. As long as their both on the bore axis then its just a matter of the elevation lining up... I suppose if it doesn't line up ill just spring for another offset rail for the front.

Anyone tried either method?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The sights, such as the Dueck-defense are a good option. The sight radius is longer.

The nice thing about a low profile flip up mounted on the hand guard is that they also flip down, to stay a little more out of the way. But I must admit, I do not use offset irons.

Lead-Head has fibbed to you!!! He does use "off set" sights....his are just off set twards the front of the rifle.....Like they shouls be, and not off to the side!! :)

I can only keep up with one set of sights at a time....per gun that is.