Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sharon Open

38supPat

I think there was an issue seating it, it didn't feel right going in and you can see me gimcrack it a tap as I run to the second position. It's just odd that it makes it through two rounds before falling.

I run a stock button with no extension and a full spring so I doubt I punched it.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out there was an issue. I ran through my mags in practice last week and on kept falling out mid string. It varied in how many rounds before it fell out, anywhere from 5 to 7 generally. I tried seating the mag then tugging on it and checking the button to make sure it was fully engaged. And still it fell out. So I swapped out the SVI mag button that was in it for an STI and ran it this past weekend...no problems. I don't see anything glaringly obvious but swapping the buttons seems to have fixed it.

Have had this happen with another type of pistol, a CZ TS. I thought for quite some time that I was hitting the button inadvertently. Replaced with a new one, looking not much the worse for wear, and yet, all things were fine after that.

Lol...well do you want the full magazine law for Canada or what we run in IPSC?

In IPSC we run 10 rounds for all divisions. (Except revolver and major SS obviously)

This is as close to what the law states and makes it fair for everyone....however

Our magazine laws are pretty convoluted.

It's 10 rounds for handguns

5 rounds for semi automatic rifles and shotguns and no restrictions in manually operated firearms

But...

If a pistol mag fits a semi rifle then it can be 10 rounds for the rifle as long as the mag was specifically designed for a pistol, so the Rock River 10 round .223 "pistol" mag can be run in an AR

If a pistol mag is designed for one caliber but another small caliber can fit and function then it's ok to use, eg. A .40 Glock mag pinned to 10 rounds is legal even if you can fit and fire 13 rounds of 9mm in it. A .50 Beowulf magazine for an AR pinned to 5 rounds (of .50 Beowulf) will feed and function with 13 rounds of .223. If someone were to make a specific pistol mag for .50 Beowulf it could hold 10 rounds of .50 and likely 29 rounds of .223 and still be legal.

A semi shotgun must be plugged to hold 5 rounds. If its a 3 1/2" magnum shot gun it may hold 7 rounds of 2 3/4" shells and that's ok and if you ghost load it could hold 8 or 9 and still be legal because the mag is plugged to hold 5 rounds of 3 1/2" shells

Make sense?

Lol