Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para HI-CAP .45 / ssp/ idpa?

Dave Bell

I'm trying to find out if a para hi capacity LDA .45 will fit into the ssp category. It seems that it will as far as being double action, and I can't find any weight limit in ssp, and the length and height seem "legal", but I'm not sure of thickness. I know that this is a thick pistol. I called para and they "didn't have any information" (?) about the thickness of the pistol.

Anybody know for sure?

Dave

Hi Dave:

Yes, the .45 LDA is legal in SSP division. Please note that there is no weight restriction in SSP division. The "Box" is 1.625" high. Typically a Para has no problems fitting into the box (except Para's in ESP or CDP class with bloated IPSC like magwells).

Good Luck!

Luck struck. I went to a couple of stores in the area (east of DFW) The first one had some para's for sale for full retail, not exactly what I wanted so tried to talk me into paying full price for a scratched up stainless LDA.

The second, which I'll be happy to name if it's not against forum rules to endorse a shop, offered me cost plus 10% on any gun, can get it in one day, and took two other pistols as even trade for the para. It arrives tomorrow. If Im lucky I can try it out tomorrow night and then use it at the IdPa match Wednesday night.

I'll post a report on the pistol as soon as I can.

Dave

Picked the pistol up tonight. I brought it home, and loaded up a magazine with my lightest reloads, 200 g swc/4.2g WST, which was recommended by a really experienced gunsmith/bullseye shooter in my area. I put in 5 rounds, took them out and fired them into my old oak tree. Fed fine, everything worked right. Then I loaded up some old 185g swc/4.7g WST, five rounds. Worked fine. Then I loaded up 5 rounds of factory Remington match 185 wadcutter (plated). Worked fine. Then I cleaned it up of all the grease, and put it in my box. Cant decide whether to shoot it in the match tomorrow night or to shoot my Kimber in CDP.