Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which nordic mag extension should i get

gondo

I am starting 3 gun in limited or tactical class. Need to order nordic mag extension for my sbe, so question is do i get +7 or longer? I am running a 26" barrel and with my extended choke (no ports if that matters). If i get the +7 then i can hold ten in the mag tube i think and it should be almost flush with the end of my barrel. So is 10 total in mag enough or should i go longer. I have been practicing the quad load and am wondering if it would be beneficial to get a plus 9 so i could load 12 at a time????

With plus 7 and extended choke, the choke portion will stick out. On my M2 I have +7 with 26" barrel and flush fit chokes and they are the same length.

It is beneficial to have extra space as most stages allow loading more after the buzzer.

Edited by Solidgun

I guess you never snagged a prop or line between the barrel and mag ext... In my case it was a rope you pulled to open a port. Snagged the rope and it slid all the way down to the mag nut.

Edited by kamikaze1a

Figures, since I have a non MXT extension, could I use the existing Tube Nut I have, or did that change to? It appears to be the same from Nordics website. Hope I can just order a MXT tube and cap and use my existing barrel nut and clamp.