Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Gun Problems?

I went from a Glock 24 to a 6" STI, and I am having a hard time getting use to this new platform. At matches it seems I can't hit crap, but after the match I will go check my zero, and see where I am hitting, and it is DEAD ON. I mean from 10 to 35 yards it is hitting bullseye every time. Has anyone else ever had this trouble or am I just a retard? It is kind of worrying me because this is the gun I am going to shoot Area 4 with, and this is just one more thing that is going to play head games with me. Any advise?

Id bet you are slapping the trigger on your shiny new 2011. Youre used to that heavier, longer Glock trigger and need to just get some time in with your new blaster...dry fire is your best friend :)<br /><br />Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Many times during a switch like that a shooter will over press the trigger causing the trigger to stop hard against the trigger stop. When this happens, even though you are not anticipating, the hard stop moves the gun before the bullet can leave the barrel. I like to call the cure as "tickle-me-elmo". Try thinking of the trigger pull as a tickle and see if that helps.

Dwight Stearns

If you are used to the Glock grip/frame shape and then switch to a 1911/2011 shape you may be - when going fast - be pointing it low. When you shoot it slowly you are paying more attention to a good sight picture and don't notice the difference in in the grip so much.

When you dry fire make an effort to bring the sights in alignment with the desired target. after awhile you will be more accustomed to the 19ll shape and your problem should go away.

WOW I changed holsters worked on my grip,slowing down and trigger prep, and holly crap what a improvement!! I did not have a mike until last stage. I shot 100% better today than I have since I have had this gun. Thanks everyone for your tips and advice. I think if I work on all these fundamentals I should improve every match.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are used to the Glock grip/frame shape and then switch to a 1911/2011 shape you may be - when going fast - be pointing it low. When you shoot it slowly you are paying more attention to a good sight picture and don't notice the difference in in the grip so much.

When you dry fire make an effort to bring the sights in alignment with the desired target. after awhile you will be more accustomed to the 19ll shape and your problem should go away.

+1