Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jack Noris

Jon Merricks

The day I'm leaving for the Georgia State match I break the hinge pin on my Caspian Adj sight.  Calling about everyone I can think of.  Even go to a local machine shop to see if they can make me one.  No luck.  I call Jack @ Practical Shooting just as he is walking out the door.  He tells me that if they are the same size as bo-mars he will fix me right up just see him as soon as I get down to Atlanta.  Well I get up with Jack and he gets out the bo-mar pin and puts it in and it falls right trough.  It's too small.  He looks and looks for a pin that will work and finds nothing.  I'm thinking that I just drove 6 hours to shoot this match and such a small part is going to screw it up for me.  Well Jack just keeps on looking for anything that will fit in this hole.  He starts trying to put an allen wrenches in it.  He starts filing on one of the wrenches, and keeps filing and filing and soon it fits.  So this takes about an hour of him working on my gun and he's done.  I'm thinking man that’s worth allot to fix my gun and keep me here.  So when I try to find out what the damage is he tells me nothing.  I'm just standing there with my mouth open.  I can't believe that he just took all this time and doesn’t want anything for it.  Well I went and bought a bunch of stuff I didn’t need from him anyway.   Jack is one Great Dude.

That is cooler than the other side of the pillow!!!

I had a similar experience with Tony Kidd (of the C-More blast blocker fame).  I told him about problems I was having with my ambi-saftey and he told me to bring it by when I was back in the neighborhood.  So I did.  He basically ended up taking the hole pistol apart, taking the saftey to the grinder, filing it, put it back together, back apart to get it "just right".  After about 45 minutes, I asked him what I owe him, he said the same thing.  Nothing!!!  And he didn't even build my gun (factory SV)!!!   I ended up getting one of his low-profile mag release buttons (very good btw) because I needed one.  

The people associated with this sport are just the s&*t.  Ya know?

OK.OK..another people do good story...

This was a very long time ago...

I was shooting a nationals...and my sear cracked causing it to position the disconnector  into the magwell area enough that an inserted mag would drop the hammer to halfcock...anyway...

Chip McCormick replaces sear under warranty no questions...George Smith installs and does trigger job while I am waiting...

I ask how much???George says...I consider him for next time I have a gun built...

There are a lot of good people out there....that's for sure

And I'll second Jack is a good guy..have always had great expereinces getting stuff from Jack..

(Edited by eerw at 8:04 am on Oct. 22, 2002)

Third that - Jack is a good guy. Just got off the phone w/ him and apparently VV is out of 3n38 (anyone know who still has a pound or two?) but turns out Jack will drive up and pick up the next shipment of 3n38 as soon as it clears customs! Top notch service too. Like most of our vendors, he won't get rich doing this, he sells USPSA supplies  because he likes the sport.

Jack is great. Buy stuff from him because he is at every match he can drive that trailer to. He is very often the only person there with an allen wrench that he will lend or has mentioned before use on you gun for free.