Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load 2/4 with a pistol grip?

Any of you guys doing this if so what is the better way to do it? I can't figure out a way to do it weak hand. Strong hand seems the grip gets in the way, but it might be that I just suck and need more practice.

I am working through this right now as well. I spin my right/strong hand until the bottom of my hand points to 10 o'clock and the barrel slightly point up (Stock can be captured by armpit for support) and then jam the shells in with my left/support hand in a forward/upward sweeping motion.

But my arm may not like the twist so I may go the flip, stock on shoulder, strong hand forward and downward sweep.

Still working on it.

I load week hand (4). My Benelli M2 had the comfort tech stock until 2yrs ago when I switched it out for a pistol grip. I had to as I have a bit of arthritis in my strong hand wrist and can no longer bend my wrist to properly hold a traditional stock. My technique has always had me drop the stock a little and capture it in my armpit. I find no differance loading the pistol grip week hand. I can load 8 in about 6 or 7 seconds with either. Keep working at it, you'll get better. The saying "slow is smooth and smooth is fast" really does apply here.

I load week hand (4). My Benelli M2 had the comfort tech stock until 2yrs ago when I switched it out for a pistol grip. I had to as I have a bit of arthritis in my strong hand wrist and can no longer bend my wrist to properly hold a traditional stock. My technique has always had me drop the stock a little and capture it in my armpit. I find no differance loading the pistol grip week hand. I can load 8 in about 6 or 7 seconds with either. Keep working at it, you'll get better. The saying "slow is smooth and smooth is fast" really does apply here.

Can you describe this a little better? A video or even a picture would be outstanding!!

Can you describe this a little better? A video or even a picture would be outstanding!!
Just do a search either here or on you tube. Lots of videos on week hand loading out there by guys better than me.

Just do a search either here or on you tube. Lots of videos on week hand loading out there by guys better than me.

None I saw with pistol grip though.

None I saw with pistol grip though.

What do you feel is different about what your support hand is doing with the shells? It's no different. Watch some video and use the elements you see that you feel will work for you. Make whatever adjustments necessary for your physical charectoristics and practice (with dummy rounds) going very slowly at first to build muscle memory. That's it. Don't make it more complicated than it is. There's no magic video to make you proficient at it. You gotta work it and figure out what works best for you.