Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open M&P

dlfleetw

Looks like the open bug has bitten me.

I shoot a M&P in production and a Trojan in .40 for Lim10/SS.

Plan on putting together a 4.25" Core in .40 (don't want to branch out into another caliber yet) with a slide ride Trijicon RMR and a Carver 4 port comp.

Have yet to decide on trigger (leaning towards a CAEK with an AEK trigger)

Will run it mainly with 140mm mags with TTi extensions and put together a TFL 170mm.

Any open m&p shooters have any advice for loadings and powder. I mainly use WSF for major right now.

I haven't heard much about WSF for 9Major but I know it's not very popular. If it's all you got and can't get an alternative (such as HS6, WAC, Silhouette, TrueBlue, etc), then go with it and let us know your thoughts on it. If you can get one of these other powders, there are tons of loads for each on here.

I use Silhouette with 155grain Montana Gold CMJ's. Feels softer than an Open 9mm with a 4port carver comp. Haven't milled a slide out yet to mount the Delta Point, but I'll see if I can find my notes on the load I built up for it. Did a practice shooting it with iron sights and it feels like shooting a .22

The only 40 open shooter I ever personally talked to used 135 grain JHP's from somewhere, nosler maybe?, to get as much powder working the comp. He seemed to like it. I forget which powder he was using.

Edited by Seth Long

I use 5.3 gr of WSF loaded at 1.185. I think I need to load some at 1.140 for my fullsize and see what kind of velocity I can get before I jump in full bore into the open build.

Edited by dlfleetw

I built a m&p 9major core 5in. Just starting my loads right now at 7.1 of autocomp and 124 PD jhp. Bobby Carver Comp works excellent. I think I'm going up the grains to get an even flatter effect.

Anyone using 9 major and have any data with autocomp HS6 or vitavouri 350. I currently use 7.3 of autocomp but I want it to run just alittle bit flatter. So I want to go higher. What's the max that you've used?