Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parts Help

I just picked up a Limited Pro.

Putting together an order for some upgrades and spare parts and came across some questions. On Henning's site....

Guide Rod - Standard or Long? I would think long but then again you have the Hunter model out there.

Firing Pin - XL Firing Pin or the Long Firing Pin? I believe the XL is noted at the Large Frame and what I need.

Any other spare parts or upgrades worth getting beside the Hammer/Recoil Springs?

post-46637-0-91089400-1374788975_thumb.j

Edited by praetorian97

I'm guessing that you bought the pistol used, as it does not have the original trigger. Someone put the factory SAO trigger in there. Someone also removed the left side safety lever.

Actually, it looks exactly like my limited pro.

I'd try and confirm what the pistol has installed before I bought anything.

I'm guessing that you bought the pistol used, as it does not have the original trigger. Someone put the factory SAO trigger in there. Someone also removed the left side safety lever.

Actually, it looks exactly like my limited pro.

I'd try and confirm what the pistol has installed before I bought anything.

Its a new Limited Pro. The pistol in the process of being converted to SA from DA. Good eye though! :goof:

Hence the right side safety removal and the SA trigger "mocked up". Tonight's project is to polish where the plunger and Trigger bar make contact.

Edited by praetorian97

I would recommend getting a fiber optic front sight - either from Henning or Dawson Precision. I have the Dawson sight on my pro as well as on my P226. They're nice. I hear the Henning sight is nice, too. My brother has the eaa sight, which isn't bad, either.

I would recommend getting a fiber optic front sight - either from Henning or Dawson Precision. I have the Dawson sight on my pro as well as on my P226. They're nice. I hear the Henning sight is nice, too. My brother has the eaa sight, which isn't bad, either.

Agree! That stock sight is horrible. Ordered a 180tx100w from Dawson based off another recommendation. Was told to divot the slide as well. Think I will divot and loctite just to play it safe.

Agree! That stock sight is horrible. Ordered a 180tx100w from Dawson based off another recommendation. Was told to divot the slide as well. Think I will divot and loctite just to play it safe.

Yeah, you definitely want to drill a small divot for the set screw. I didn't - and I lost the front sight on the 28th round. Fortunately I found it. Now I drilled the slide and loctited the sight.

Btw - I've heard that Tanfoglio steel is really hard, but my slide drilled really easily.

Edited by djb25

Give Henning a call and tell him your situation. He will help you with making the right decisions on the parts for that model.

If he doesn't answer, leave a message and also send him an e-mail. You may have to have a little bit of patience though. But it's worth it. In the mean time, shoot it and have fun.